Reef Safe Sunscreens
Chemicals in many sunlocks damage reefs when in concentrations of only a few parts per trillion (a drop or two in an Olympic size swimming pool. Please check and use safe ones.?
Below is a list of sunscreens that are?oxybenzone and octinoxate?free (chemicals that the NOAA states are harmful to coral reefs).?
- Thinksport Safe Sunscreen (SPF 50+)
- Badger Sport Zinc Oxide Sunscreen Cream (SPF 35)
- Raw Elements Non-Nano Zinc Oxide Sunscreen (SPF 30)
- Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen – Titanium And Zinc Oxide Formula SPF 30+
- Sun Bum Reef Friendly Ingredients Sunscreen (SPF 30)
- KLAR Pure Zinc Oxide SPF 30 Biodegradable Reef Safe
- TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30 Mineral Based Sunscreen
- Kokua Hawaiian Reef Safe Natural Zinc Sunscreen SPF 50
- Tropical Sands Biodegradable Mineral Sunscreen (SPF 30)
- Babo Botanicals Clear Zinc Lotion (SPF 30)
- All Good Oxybenzone Free Non Nano Sunscreen
- Stream2Sea Biodegradable Non Nano Titanium Dioxide Sunscreen (SPF 30)
Biodegradable Boat Cleaning Products
- Thetford Marine Boat Wash
- Meguiar?s Gel Wash
- ConcrobiumXT EcoWash
- Shurhold?s Yacht Brite Brite Wash
- Simple Green All-Purpose
- 4U Concentrated Cleaner
- West Marine Pure Oceans Boat Soap
- Spray Nine Boat Soap
- Soft Scrub with Bleach Cleanser
- Spray Nine Green Marine Multi.
- Thetford Marine Deck Cleaner
- West Marine Pure Oceans All Surface
For more information, see this Boat US article, where they tested the above cleaners (and others) for biodegradability and cleaning power.